Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When/where/what/why/how


When: May 18th, 2009 -- July 24, 2011

Where: Bulgaria -->

What: I will be serving for the United States Peace Corps in a Community and Organizational Development program as a Business Adviser.

I will be helping out undeserved Bulgarian communities. I have a feeling my outstanding Microsoft Excel skills are going to come in handy.

Why: To see how people live in a different place. To live with them, and to grow friendships.

How: With a lot of prayers, luck, and tenacity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be updating this blog periodically for the next two years. You can follow me along my Journey to Bulgaria, and hear my Peace Corps story!

ps.

what is the first thing you have to do before having a party in outer-space?

you have to Plan-et!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dan! I will be following your blog, how exciting. -kelly abeln

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan! You are now linked on my blog, I plan on checking up on your writings as often as you post 'em so keep your journeys updated and please keep the wit and humor that you've included at the ed of this post because I was definitely rolling on the floor groaning.

    I tried to call you today but apparently you're in Bulgaria. So I would like to thank you for the candy and the love via the sadly impersonal route of blog commenting. Rock the shit out of Bulgaria like I know only you know how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dan! Peter and I will be checking your updates from time to time to see how you're wowing the Bulgarians. They are blessed to have you on their side! I think your parents have posted a 2 year calendar on their kitchen fridge and are already marking the days when you'll come home which by the way is on my birthday! Not that's it all about me, but hey - We love you!

    ReplyDelete