Sunday, June 7, 2009

Biblitecha. (Library)

File under post-communism observations;

There is a small one room library in the village where I live. My fellow trainees and I visited this library last week. I recognized one book on the shelf. It was “1984” by George Orwell. At first, it didn’t dawn on my how significant that is.

Think about it, here is a book about a communist regime out-of-control in a library that was started by a communist regime! Pretty neat. Anyone?

Two post in one day alright!

3 comments:

  1. Wow dan, I'm jealous of your life! so much change! I was excited about my garden until I started reading your entries on gardens, I think I need a goat now... Keep learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give it to ya Dan, neat indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is a good question to think about. I like to make such small discoveries from time to time and to think about them. They remind me that nothing lasts forever and you never know what will happen in a few years, even in a few hours. Every idea which occurs to our minds and even guides our lives for a certain period of time could be replaced by an opposite one in very short time. The hard part is to learn how to live with it, how to submit to it if you don't believe in it.

    ReplyDelete